Monday, October 1, 2007

God will comfort you


It is a sad day in the Lord household. In a little while I am going to take our dog Praise to the Vet. He has cancer and this past weekend he has gone downhill quickly. For the first time since we noticed something was wrong, he seems to be uncomfortable. I thank God that we had him for ten years and got to enjoy him and make him part of our family.

Death is not an easy thing to grasp. At any given moment we are bombarded with news of war, accidents, and tragedies that give details on how people we don't know have died. We listen and then move on. But when death touches your house, your family, then you have to make sense of it.

I thank God for my faith. I know it gives me support and strength for my times of mourning and sorrow. Our Christian faith reminds us that we are not alone. The one who cried at the grave of his friend Lazarus, weeps with us. The one who darkened the sky when his only begotten son was hung on a cross, understands and he will sit in mourning with us.

So if you are in mourning, if the world has taken someone close to you, don't be afraid to call on God. Tell him how your heart is breaking and how unfair life can be. He will hear you and without a word, sit and cry with you in agreement. Do it. You'll feel better. God will bless you and keep your loved one in his eternal keeping.

Cal

No comments: