Monday, October 8, 2007

Skimp and swim

I went out to water my plants and ended up watering myself as well. I didn't intend to get wet. It just happened. Well actually it happened when I got a little lazy and decided to cheat a bit.

You see I had just finished watering everything and I went to turn off the water at the spigot. When I turned it off some of the pressure was still in the hose and as a result a small spray continued to flow from the loose connection at the wall. I decided to relieve the pressure by grabbing the nozzle at the end of the hose. Only this time I got lazy and decided to step on it with my foot instead of bending down to pick it up.

The nozzle was facing the ground and the water went flying upwards and I got soaked. So much for doing the easy thing. Of course the easy thing rarely works out in life. When we try to cut corners and skimp on doing things right it usually comes back to get us. That's why God calls us to give everything we have our very best. He hates waste. He wants us to excel so that our works will glorify him. So don't be a wet blanket! Do it right the first time.

Cal

No comments: