Thursday, October 4, 2007

Go ahead and dance


I went to my first dance class tonight and I had fun. As I walked into the room I couldn't help but think how I would never have done this as a child or teen. There was a stigma attached to dance lessons for boys. Yet now I see that it takes real talent to be good at dance, just like it takes to excel in athletics.

There are so many things in life that we don't do because we let other people's opinions sway our actions. We let them rob us of some of life's most precious moments. I guess that I am at that age where I have realized that life is too short to let other people's inhibitions control my happiness. So I am going to dance and I don't care what they think.

The same thing goes for my faith. I went through a period where I didn't want to offend anyone with my beliefs. It is natural in our secular society. We are told to keep our faith to ourselves. But I say go for it. Let the whole world know you love Jesus. If he is the source of your strength and he brings you joy, then don't let anyone stand in your way.

Get up and dance for joy. King David did it and so can you.

Cal

No comments: