Monday, October 22, 2007

Going to the maker for instructions.

My world came crashing down last week when the screen on my Palm Pilot went dark. I couldn't believe it at first. I kept hitting the on/off button but nothing happened. I plugged it back in hoping it was the battery. No such luck. After twelve hours it still wouldn't go on. I went online to see if I could find a solution for my problem in the help menu. I couldn't locate anything that seemed to point to the cause or a solution to my problem.

I fretted over this problem all weekend. The thought of spending another $100 on a Palm Pilot really got me. This one was less than four months old. I could not justify spending that much money on a new one. What was I to do?

I was chewing on this when my secretary came in this morning. I cried on her shoulder for a few minutes and then she said, "Do you have the warranty card or the paperwork that came with it?" What a silly question. I reached for the box and when I opened the little booklet that came with the unit, the page almost fell open to the answer to my question. After a soft reset, my Palm was up and running again.

It struck me how we do the same thing when we have a problem in life. We run around looking for advice from everyone and every where before we turn to our maker. If only we turned to him and his Word first, I would be willing to bet our problems would seem much smaller and go away much quicker.

Cal

No comments: