Sunday, September 30, 2007

It may look like magic but it's not

We went to the bowling alley this afternoon with the kids. Every time I go to the lanes, I recall a visit we made with the Brownie troop several years ago. We got a behind the scenes look at what happens when the pins fall down and how they are reset. It was nothing like I imagined. I always thought it was magic.

It change my impression of the alley forever. The truth is that the same thing happens when we encounter God and become a believer. Nothing is as it seems anymore. As people of faith we understand that there is a lot more happening in the world than we can see with our eyes. God is always at work and working for the good of those who love him and call on his name. That is what gives us hope. Praise God!

By the way, the high scores today were posted by Rachel, Bethany, Kayla and Heather.

Cal

No comments: