Thursday, October 11, 2007

He wrote the book

It is funny how you can be around something for a long time and not really understand how it works. For example, I have been on the Board of the Otis Library for five years now. I use the library and have taken advantage of more than a few of its offerings. This week I entered into uncharted territory.

I am working on a project for this weekend. I googled my topic and came up with several books that would be very helpful. The only problem is that these weren't best sellers and would not likely be found in Barnes and Noble or Walden Books. So for the first time ever I went onto the Otis Library Web site and then went to the inter library loan link. I found out that two of our neighboring libraries had copies of the books. Imagine that! so I went to pick them up and I was in business. I could have even ordered them and had them delivered right to Norwich if I had thought of it earlier.

The truth is we do the same thing with God at times. He has so much to offer us but we don't ask for it. We would rather wander around on our own instead of reaching out to him and asking for a blessing. God always has the answer to our questions even if it means that he sends us to a friend or neighbor to get what we need. so why wait. Reach out to him tonight and he will supply your need.

Cal

No comments: