Sunday, October 14, 2007

There are two sides on a street

For the last week I drove by a sign on Washington Street that decried the possible development of a small shopping center across the street from it. I had lunch with a man who was passing out flyers that spoke against this project as something that would destroy the fabric of the city. I came home and found a one page leaflet that described the domino effect that this project would have on our city.

This morning I drove down that same stretch of street and saw that there were three new signs on the opposite side of the street. These signs spoke of the benefits of a new shopping center and the ability of home owners to sell their property. Funny, but until I drove down that street this morning I had forgotten that there were two sides.

There are always two sides to an issue. There are always two choices we can make. The hard part about life is making the right choice. The best thing we can do is pray about it. Then we can get the facts and try to make the best decision we can.

I don't know what to think about this development issue. I haven't studied it or prayed about it yet. But I will and then I'll let you know. Meanwhile, let's all try to look at both sides of the issues that confront us every day and look to god to help us make the right choices.

Cal

No comments: