Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Remembering God's presence helps


I was going through some pictures from our Mission Trip to Mexico and I got a warm feeling inside. I was transported right back to last March and the life changing experience I had with the Christians I met there. Most of us could not talk to each other because of the language barrier, yet we could sense the common bond we had in Christ. It was great.

It amazed me that these photos could trigger such a strong response. Memory is a great thing. Our Jewish brothers and sisters often use the stories of the past to help affirm their present faith. As they remember how God delivered them from pain, affliction and trouble it reminds them that God was, is, and always will be with them.

Maybe we need to look back and remember the past when we go through difficulties today. As we recall how God was with us then, it may make the present trouble easier to bear.

Cal

No comments: