Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dancing for the Lord

This has been an extremely difficult week for me. Nothing seemed to be going my way. Tonight I laid all of it down at the feet of Jesus and took off for my weekly dance class t Luis Pabon's studio. I have to tell you that I love going to class. I know it sounds silly but when I have been in class I have experienced absolute joy.

My youngest daughter once told me she loved dance classes. I asked her what it was she enjoyed. Was it was the people or the teacher, or the music? She said that it was simply the dancing. I didn't get it then. I do now. I am not very good but there is something about getting in touch with your body that is invigorating. I felt it last year when I took an occasional yoga class. I really feel it now as I twist and turn and try to put my left hand in and pull it out again.

Dance helps us connect our mind and body with our soul in a special way. We don't do that too often. I think that is why God calls us to attempt to love him with our mind, body, soul and spirit. He understands that to do so will tap into a joy so deep that it can transform our being.

King David understood this and the Scriptures tell us he often was seen dancing to the Lord. I pray that he will make your joy so complete that you too, will feel like dancing.

Cal

1 comment:

Amy said...

May your feet keep dancing!!!

And your spirit sour