Thursday, December 6, 2007

Managed with prayer

I couldn't believe what I saw when I went past the trash cans this morning. Laying right beside them were the painted pumpkins that had been sitting on our front porch for the last two months. I almost had a mind to pick them up and put them back on the porch. I couldn't understand why Lori had tossed them. I had checked on them just two days ago and they hadn't gotten soggy yet.

The truth is I had thought about tossing them but I didn't want to admit that winter was here. Even with the Christmas tree standing in our living room, I wanted to hang on to Autumn as long as I could. I wanted to believe that as long as I had those cute pumpkins on the porch, winter couldn't come.

Wishing something happens doesn't make it so. Life moves on whether we want it to or not. The best way to handle change is to manage it. We do that by looking ahead and being prepared. Do you have some things looming in your future? Is your job unsettled? Are you having problems in your relationship? Are your debts mounting and threatening to get out of control? Then do something about it now. Don't wait.

You can begin by praying about it. Give your problems to God and see if you can find a solution in in what he says to you. Open up the scriptures and seek his counsel. Talk to a trusted Christian friend and ask their advice. Than take what you get and see if you can do something to manage your situation.

Winter is coming no matter if I have pumpkins on the porch or not. Today I got out my gloves and tomorrow I am planning on getting the snow blower up and running. When it comes, I'll be prepared. Will you? I hope so.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Amen, take it to God in prayer, He is never to busy to listen .