Saturday, December 15, 2007

The chimney sweep

I played the chimney sweep this morning and believe me, I didn't come off half as charming as Dick Van Dyke did in the musical, Mary Poppins. I made a mess. There were cinders everywhere. The good news is that now our fireplace is up and running and I won't have to do that again for at least... well until we have another fire.

A friend of mine said that the cinder box should be cleaned out regularly. The former owners of our home let it go. I don't know if it was dangerous or not, but because it hadn't been cleaned for a while, it was much messier than it needed to be.

The same thing is true with many things in life. If we let problems or issues fester and ignore them hoping they will go away, we are asking for trouble. It is better to take care of things when they arise. It will never be as messy and the cost of cleaning it up will never be cheaper.

So look around. Do you need to take care of some business. Say a prayer. Ask God to help you and get to it. Who knows? You may even find a blessing in it.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing this, blessings to you.