Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The heart of Christmas

Christmas is a week away and I still have some shopping to do. I went out for a little while yesterday and the Mall was a madhouse. People were running around frantically, searching for gifts that would please their friends and loved ones. What has Christmas become?

I heard someone ask the other day, "Why do we bother? No one gets what they really want. All this stress just leads to disappointment."

Maybe it is time to step back and rethink our Christmas traditions. Maybe it isn't about overextending ourselves on the credit card and trying to buy our children's love. Maybe the best gift we can give the people we care about is our undivided attention. Maybe if we showed them we loved them by giving ourselves it would end the anxiety and make Christmas magical again.

I found this clip while surfing the next. It speaks volumes to what I am saying. Enjoy.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

You said what my heart has been saying, thank you.