Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Make a splash


My Detroit Tigers made a splash with a cannon ball at the Baseball winter meetings yesterday. They picked up two all stars for a number of very good prospects. The addition of these two players, Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera, make the Tigers the odds on favorites to go to the World Series next year. I know everyone on my Tiger bulletin Board is aglow. Jim Leyland, the Tiger manager was all smiles. I am sure the players are just as excited. It is like an infusion of new life into the team.

It is funny but when I think of the work we do in the church, the same kind of enthusiasm emerges when a person decides to step up and volunteer for one of the ministries. This past week I had someone speak to me about working with our teens and doing youth ministry. They have just the right gifts to make some great things happen.

So don't be afraid to step up and offer to help. The splash you make might even surprise you.

Cal

2 comments:

Denise said...

Do you remember when Neil Jenkins played for the Detroit Tigers? He is my nephew. Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Hello :)

Thankyou so much for the comment, I'm glad that you read and enjoyed my blog, and even more honoured that you felt that it was worth sharing.

Out of interest, where did you find the link?

I agree with you on this post too... I'm just up to my ears in learning at the moment, let alone helping with things. I help as I can!

Kyrie/Kyriaki of candleprayer.wordpress.com