Monday, December 17, 2007

Here is my top ten

Ten things I am thankful for today:

1. I have three beautiful daughters who are all healthy and doing well.

2. I have my health.

3. I am in a warm house and have plenty of food in the cupboards.

4. I have some good friends.

5. God loves me!

6. The Christmas tree is right side up again.

7. There is stability in my life, and although I know the world could shift and turn upside down any moment, I know that God will not let me fall very far.

8. The Detroit Tigers are going to be the team to beat next summer :-)

9. A new Star Trek movie is coming out in 2008.

10. No matter how silly I get, my parents will still let me come home for a visit.

I went to a seminar at the Crystal Cathedral a few years ago and was impressed by Dr. Schuler's "Rule of ten." He specifically mentioned it in terms of possibility thinking and looking for solutions to problems but I believe it has wider implications. If you search for ten things you can be thankful for you will begin to realize that even in the worst of times you have reason to give thanks. So count your blessings today and name them. You will find you are blessed in more ways than you thought.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment! I have been blessed by visiting your blog today, thank you.

Blessings to you and yours,

Julie

Denise said...

I really enjoyed your top ten.