Friday, December 21, 2007

A place to find love

I got on the scale this morning and was reminded that it is almost time to go back to Weight Watchers. I have this routine where every January I go back and get on the band wagon again. I am pretty successful when I am on the program and always manage to lose the weight with all the support and educational information they give.

The problem this year will be getting to the meetings. A little over a month ago the Weight Watchers Center moved. They didn't just move across the street or across town, they moved out of Norwich. You would think a city of 40,000 people could find enough of us who are overweight to support a meeting. I guess not. So this January I am going to have to do it on my own.

I'm glad God never leaves town. His promise is that he will be with us always. When we have to work through disappointments, trials and the ups and downs of life, God promised to be with us. Hey, that's what Christmas is all about. God so loved the world that he entered it in the incarnation. He moved to our town, our planet and promised he would never leave us. That's love and that is a blessing to hold onto in the new year.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I praise God for never leaving me lonely.