Saturday, November 17, 2007

The weekly column


This week's newspaper column didn't make the Norwich Bulletin but you can read it here. Just cut and paste the following link (http://www.fbcnorwich.org/Epistles.html) and you can read about my drive through the country and how I came away with a thankful heart.

Today I want talk about my weekly "epistles" for a minute or two. I began writing a regular e-mail to members of my church and a few friends in the community about seven years ago. I included all kinds of thoughts and offered suggestions on how to find God in every day life.

Over the years the letter became a little more focused and a few people began to ask about it. About four years ago I became friendly with the Executive Editor of the Norwich Bulletin and he asked if he might include it on occasion in the newspaper. I sent it along and the rest is history.

It has been fun. The goal continues to be finding God in everyday life. Some day I hope to put them together in a book form, but for now I just keep them on my computer and keep sending them out to cyberspace. So enjoy them. I know I do. God bless. See you in church.

Cal

No comments: