Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rekindling child-like wonder


This weekend I will be appearing in a production at the Donald Oat Theater. I only have a bit part but I am excited to be appearing in the show with so many talented young people. The cast is made up of children from the Luis Pabon Dance Arts Center. They sing and dance their way through the show with so much enthusiasm. They make me wish I were young again.

You see they enjoy what they are doing. They love to dance and it shows. Fortunately you will not see me doing any dancing, but you will see me get caught up in their excitement. As they perform for their families, they give it all they have. I wish more of us adults gave everything we did as much as these kids do.

I think this is what Jesus was talking about when he said we needed to be like children if we wanted to see the kingdom of heaven. As we grow up we often lose that sense of excitement and wonder. Everything becomes a chore. We end up just going through the motions. Well, I have an extra kick in my step this week and I have the children to thank for it.

So as you gear up for the holidays, take a hint from the children you know. Look around and enjoy the wonder of God's love. In doing so you will find a blessing.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

The wonder of God is so awesome.