Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time to celebrate and say thanks

Hey this is my 100th blog entry. Roll out the cake and let's have a party! I know in Television land they celebrate when you get to a magical number of episodes. I always thought it was a testimony to the durability and quality of a show. Some sitcoms only produce three or four episodes before they get cancelled. Others last a season or two. Only the very best shows last long enough to celebrate 100 or more programs.

My bubble was burst a few years ago when I heard one television executive explaining that the sitcom was celebrating the 100th episode because it now had enough shows to go into syndication and that the revenue stream could continue on into eternity. Imagine that. It was all about the money!

You will be happy to hear that my celebration tonight has nothing to do with money. I don't get paid to do this. I do it because it is fun. I do it because it helps me keep my eyes open to spot God in everyday things. I do it for you, the reader. So celebrate with me. Go have a cookie or a bagel or an ice cream Sundae on me and say thank you to God for his continuing presence in your life and let's see if we can keep finding God in the mundane things of life for another 100 blog entries.

Cal

No comments: