Monday, November 5, 2007

How would you look in a Jag?

As I pulled up to her dance studio, I told my daughter I was a little embarrassed to be driving up in a Jaguar. A friend of mine had gone on vacation and left it for me to drive. I love the car but it is a little too fancy for my pedestrian style.

Rachel's response to my confession was quite unexpected. She asked, "And you're not embarrassed by driving up with a handicap license plate on the car?" I had to laugh out loud because I hadn't even thought about that.

I don't know if this highlights a generational divide or something else but it reminded me that we all see life from different vantage points. I have always felt that this is why there are so many branches to the Christian Church. God in his wisdom has made a place for all of us to feel welcome because we are all different.

So celebrate the person God created you to be and worship him in the church that touches your soul, whether it be Baptist, Pentecostal, Roman Catholic or Nazarene. Just go and find a place where you can praise God.

Cal

No comments: