Friday, November 16, 2007

He is singing your song

I was getting ready for a long trip and the other day I asked my daughter if I could make a CD with a few of her favorite songs on it. I told her that most of my CDs were either country western or oldies. She not only said "yes" but she said she would pick out some songs that she thought I would like.

Later that evening she presented me with the CD and I listened to it on the way to a meeting. As the third song came on, I was realized that she had done an excellent job picking music for me. She actually knew my taste. These were the perfect songs.

We don't think that our children pay much attention to us but they do. They hear what we say. They know what we think. Even if they don't always obey our rules and acknowledge our presence, they are keeping an eye on us.

The same is true of God. We may think that God doesn't care or that He seems too distant, but God is never far from us. He knows all about us and He wants to give us His blessings. So don't be surprised when He presents you with a gift that fits you to a Tee.

Cal

No comments: