Friday, September 21, 2007

He has got the map.


This morning I have to go someplace that I have never been before. I should have called someone to get directions but I procrastinated so long that everyone else who is heading up there has already left. At this point the "macho" part of me is thinking about just driving up to Willimantic and trying to find the place by shear willpower. Of course that is foolish and I know that I'll just end up getting lost and wasting a lot of time.

Why do we do the things we do? This is a variation of the question the apostle Paul asked in the book of Romans. God has shown us the way to happiness and we still choose to try and find it ourselves. The end result is a lot of heart ache and disappointment.

The truth is that God loves us and wants us to reap the benefits of a life long walk with him. It is only when we insist on doing it ourselves that we get into trouble. Now independence is great and God wants us to exercise our free will to choose the path we will go. But in the end, he has the map and we can always have access to it.

So if you are feeling a little lost today. Dial up God on your prayer line and get the direction you need. You'll save some time and be blessed as well. As I sit here typing, I think I am going to google the directions. If that doesn't work, I will call the Country Club. That way I will be able to enjoy the event instead of running in circles all morning.

Cal

No comments: