Monday, September 24, 2007

Cultivating seeds of inspiration


So I am out there watering the newly planted grass on the side of our house and the thought hit me that just four months ago I watched a friend of mine doing this exact same thing at church. He and his wife were part of a team of people who volunteered to do some landscaping for us. Twice a day they came down to the church to water the new grass.

One night in particular I remember standing there chatting with him as he finished his chore. He explained that you really had to do a lot of work in the first few weeks in order to help the grass seed take root. I confess that I couldn't believe this guy was actually watering the lawn. He didn't seem to be the type but he was passionate about it.

As I stood the with the hose in my hand, I finally understood why he was doing it. It dawned on me that a lot of things in life are like that. Until you have been there and done that, you cannot understand. But after we have witnessed others walk through a situation, we can learn from it when our time comes. I think of Cliff every time I go out to water the lawn now. Believe it or not he inspires me.

I pray that you may be inspired by somebody else's actions today and that you in turn, will soon become an inspiration to another. So go out and plant some seeds. Then water them and see what grows.

No comments: