Friday, June 13, 2008

Winning comes from a team effort

I stayed up to watch the NBA Finals last night. I have become a Celtic bandwagon jumper. Actually I follow all the UCONN Alumnae more than I follow the teams. I love Ray Allen and he had a great game to help the Celtics rebound from a poor start to overcome the largest deficit in over thirty years.

As I was watching the Celtics win to take a 3-1 advantage in the series I thought about a couple of things. First a lot of people had picked the Lakers to win the series. They thought the big three didn't have enough left to win. Second, the Celtics actually have surged to the lead because their bench players have been outstanding.

It made think about our own walk through life. Most of us will never be superstars and some people will write off our efforts. But what we do is important. The apostle Paul says that in Christ we will be more than conquerors. When we reach out and perform random acts of kindness, when we help in community projects, we are transformers. We are making the world a better place. Like the bench players on the Celtics, we are the ones who can do the most good.

So keep it up and be a blessing.

Cal

No comments: