Monday, June 2, 2008

Friends

Tonight I wore a new Detroit Tiger T-shirt as I went out for my walk. I love this shirt not only because it is new and bright. I love it because it was a gift from a friend of mine. Last month my friend went out to Detroit and while he was there he noticed the Red Sox were playing the Tigers. He went to the game and he thought of me. He then bought this shirt and brought it back.

It is funny how we connect and touch one another. Whether we realize it or not, we have an influence on other people and vice versa. All of us have those special people who have shaped us and blessed our lives through their care and interest in us.

I had a conversation with another friend of mine and he told me about two men who taught him everything he knows. Their interest in him literally changed his life. The same was true for me. My Pastor always had an open door policy and we spent hours talking about life and what God wanted us to do with it. He helped me discern God's will for my life.

So look at the people in your life. They are precious gifts that God put there. Enjoy them, Encourage them. Love them. Be generous with them. The measure you give will be the measure you receive.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Amen, my friends are all treasures.