Wednesday, February 13, 2008

When it becomes real.

I was in Hartford on Monday and I drove through an area I had never been in before. As I stopped at a light I looked across the street and saw a sign for an office that read "Tarantolo & Tarantolo." I chuckled to myself that I had stumbled upon the infamous law office of the most advertised ambulance chasers in local television history.

At least three times a day for many years their ads would run on television begging for people to call their law offices if you were hurt in an accident. They promised to make the other person pay you what you deserved.

The truth is that I didn't really know if these guys existed. The man on the television seemed just like another actor playing a role. He might as well have been Denny Crane on the television show, Boston Legal. But stumbling upon this office made the whole legal appeal seem real for the first time. There really was a firm out there with attorneys that are willing to fight for your rights.

I know I sounded rather skeptical and sarcastic as I began this entry, but then so do a lot of people who have never encountered the living Christ when they talk about religion. To them we are a bunch of kooks who are living in lala land. It is only when we have that "holy ground" encounter with God that He becomes real and faith becomes possible.

I think what we need to do is pray for our non believeing friends to have a surprise encounter with God just like I did with T & T on Monday. Then watch and wait as God works in their lives. They may just become believers yet!

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I pray that God will become real to everyone my friend. Happy valentines day.