Friday, February 8, 2008

Are you lost? Not with God on your side.

I came home last night and watched "Lost" on television. I confess that it is one of the shows I really enjoy. I don't get everything that is happening. I started following the show after the first season. Last year I watched almost every show. I got to know the characters and got caught up in the mystery and suspense. Every week there is something new that develops and unfolds.

It is funny but on television and in books we like that kind of thing. It keeps us coming back looking for more. I read a lot of mystery novels for the same reason. They keep us guessing and trying to figure out what is going to happen next. The more unexpected turns, the better. But in real life we have little tolerance for it. We want to know what is going to happen next. We don't like surprises.

Unfortunately life doesn't work that way. We never know what the next day will bring. We can plan, prepare and do everything in our power to ensure that things go our way but then life throws us a curve ball. The good news is that God has promised to be in all our tomorrows. He is the one constant that remains.

I am reading a book by Don Piper entitled, "90 Minutes in Heaven" and he describes a terrible accident he was in that disrupted and changed his whole life. The one thing he kept coming back to was the fact that God was with him and had a plan for his life.

I don't know how "Lost" will turn out but I do know how my future will end up, and yours too. It will end up with God in the center and a blessing for those who walk with him.

So stay tuned to next week and let's see what God has planned. Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I have read 90 minutes in heaven, it is such a good book.