Wednesday, February 27, 2008

God can use your situation too

This morning Chuck Colson was the main speaker at the conference and he was very thought provoking. Chuck is the President of Prison Fellowship Ministries. He has given a good part of his life to this ministry and changed thousands of lives. People who graduate from Prison Fellowship Programs usually do well when they get out. He is a very good speaker and his faith really shows. I hope we can get a group to go and hear him.

Anyway, a thought hit me as he was speaking this morning. Chuck was involved with Richard Nixon and the Watergate Scandal. He went to prison and when he emerged from that experience he came out as a born again Christian. His whole life was changed and God has used him in a powerful way.

It made me think about those tough places we have to walk through. We hate them and we ask God to deliver us from them. But sometimes it is through the fire that we are sharpened and made ready to serve God all the more.

I guess the question we should always ask when we are going though a difficult time, when we feel persecuted or abandoned is this: How is God going to use this to bring glory to himself and to bring his love to the world? I could preach a sermon on this because I have seen God turn tragedy into triumph in my life and in the lives of others over and over.

If you are going through a tough patch I pray God will sustain you and that you will feel his presence and know how you can use the experience to glorify him.

1 comment:

Denise said...

God is always watching over me, I am so thankful for that,