Friday, February 15, 2008

The community is a blessing

I got my teeth cleaned this morning and received a smile sticker from the hygienist. Actually she told me that everything looked good but that I needed to pay particular attention to a couple of areas that were a bit inflamed. She gave instructions and now it is up to me to do it.

As I left I immediately thought of church. You see we come together with friends in Christ every week for worship and fellowship. We check in and make sure that we are all doing okay and walking faithfully in Christ. If we are out of sync or stumbling along, someone will gently lift us up and help us get back on track.

I don't know how Christians do it that are not part of a loving church community. It seems to me like it would be easy to stop doing the things that will foster healthy growth. You can do a lot of things on your own, but life is a lot easier when you have a little help. Praise God for the body of Christ that is found in the local church.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I praise God with you my friend.