Friday, February 29, 2008

New discoveries are part of the plan

As I took my morning walk yesterday I finally understood something that I thought I understood before. I am staying at the Town & Country Resort in San Diego. When I looked for hotels close to the Convention Center I could never figure out what it meant by North Hotel Circle and South Hotel Circle. I know what north and south are, but I couldn't figure out where it was in relation to the convention center. Then yesterday morning the fog lifted and I got it. North Hotel Circle was on one side of Route 5 and South Hotel Circle was on the other side of Route 5. Duh!

I have always thought that the north side was the far end from where the Convention was and the south end was closer. This was really east and west. Once I figured it out (IT only took three trips and 8 years) it all makes sense in a way it never did before.

Our faith works the same way. It is a learn as you go prospect. Our knowledge and understanding of Jesus grows over time. The more time we spend with him, the better we understand his love for us and his plans for his life. That's why sometimes we look back on what we believed or the way we lived and cry or laugh. We just didn't get it back then.

I praise God that he doesn't give up on us. He knows that faith is a gift first and a process second. He gives us the gift and then promises to walk with us as we come to new discoveries. Like a parent with a child learning to walk, God is with us. He picks us up when we fall and guides us as we take our first steps.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Praise God for always picking me up when I fall.