Thursday, February 21, 2008

Free from the garbage in life

It has been a long and busy day. I just got home a few minutes ago. Now I have to get up and drag the garbage cans out to the curb. I'm tired and am tempted to let it go. The problem is that if I don't do it, we will end up having to keep the garbage for another whole week. And there is a lot of garbage.

I know I have to get up and do it. The great thing about living in the city is that the garbage men come every week. They collect all the trash and take it away and you never have to see it again. It reminds of what Jesus did for sin in our lives. When he died on the cross he took all of our sin (garbage) and carried it away for ever. The only thing standing in the way of that happening is our decision not to give it to him.

The truth is that putting the garbage out is easy and so is inviting Christ into our lives. Once we do it we will be able to enjoy the that sense of being free. So I'll be back in a few minutes. I got to take the trash out.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I pray for all of those living without Jesus.