Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My figgy friends

I can't believe I did it. I am not very good with crafts. I am not a very gifted cook. I can do the basics but you will never see my work on the cover of a food or fashion magazine. Yet yesterday I made an attempt to create some figgy friends for our Vacation Bible School.

I went to Big Y and purchased all the ingredients. Then I went back to church and began making these friends with great fear and trepidation. At one point I almost gave up and called for help. I seriously considered giving the project over to someone more skilled at this type of thing. But I persisted.

One half hour later I had created two dozen of these little guys. It was easy and they didn't look half bad. Actually I got several compliments later. I don't know if they were being kind or the folks were really impressed. But the point is that I did it.

It was easy really. I took out the book and simply followed the directions. When you have a good set of directions and you follow them closely, you can do anything. That's true in baking, in crafts and in life.

If you want to lead a good life, a life of faith, then you need to open the Book. As Christians all we need to do is read the Gospels and learn about Jesus. Then, as his follows, we simply imitate him. The blessings and the acclamation will follow. Take it from you. You don't need to have any special gift to make it happen. all you need to do is follow the directions.

My figgy friends were a hit. You will be too if you just follow Christ's lead.

Cal

2 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks for stopping by!! So happy that you left a comment. i really love it when someone new stops by and comments. You may "borrow" anything you see that helps you. I have tons of quotes. i just collect them or see them and write them down. I have always just loved sayings for some silly reason.
God Bless..Sandy

Denise said...

I want to follow my Leader.