Monday, July 14, 2008

Don't be afraid to get your hands wet

I went to the car wash today. I know its hard to believe, but I actually put money in the slot and power washed my car. I haven't done that in five years.

I usually cheat and go to the Shell station and drive through the car wash. That is the easy way. But with the rising price of gas, and a number of wasted vouchers in my past, I decided I wasn't going to take it anymore. So I decided to wash my car by hand. In the end it was not only cheaper, it was also very satisfying.

I made me think of the satisfaction we take in doing things the old fashioned way. When we work hard and create something with our hands, we feel good. When we take the time to do things right, we walk away feeling we have accomplished something.

The same thing is true when we make good choices in our life and do the right thing. When we are honest and we let our faith guide us, we reap the blessings. In the book of Proverbs it says, "Cast your bread upon the waters and it will come back to you." In another place the Scriptures say we will reap what we sow.

Don't look for the easy way. Take the time to invest yourself in what you do. Not only will you save money and time, you might find unexpected blessings too. I know I did.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love unexpected blessings.