Monday, July 7, 2008

A fortress of solitude

I was out for my daily walk when I ran into a beautiful site that brought back some wonderful memories. There on the side of the road was a huge weeping willow tree. I haven't seen one of them in years. When I was growing up my next door neighbor had the biggest weeping willow I've ever seen and we used to hide out under its branches.

This tree was like a fort and we'd often play army out in the yard. The object was to capture this tactical spot and extend our territory from there. When we weren't playing, we would hide out in it and relax away from the rest of the world.

As I came upon this tree that brought back these memories I immediately thought about God. He has been described as a strong fortress, a shield, a rock, a rest along the way. As I think about these descriptions of the security that God provides for us, I will now always think of the blissful feelings I had from those days in my weeping willow. God is so good.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful view my friend.