Sunday, July 13, 2008

Finding the future you

Tom Selleck is one of my favorite actors. I loved him in Magnum PI. Maybe it is because he sported a Detroit Tigers cap on several episodes. So when I was surfing the channels this afternoon and saw him in a 1984 release of the movie Runaway, I decided to watch it.

I never heard of the movie before but I was pleasantly surprised to see several character actors in it. Then suddenly Kirstie Alley showed up in the movie in a bit part. Three years before her starring role in the sitcom, Cheers, and two years after her debut in the second Star Trek movie, she appears here.

I always like those "stars before they were stars" exposes. The truth is that these people had it in them long before they came to our attention. I couldn't help but think the same is true for all of us. God sees our potential long before we begin to glorify him with our lives.

The apostle Paul says, "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." That means that God saw something in us even before anyone else did. He sent his son into the world because he knew we were going to be worth it.

So don't ever sell yourself short. God loves you and he has big things planned for your life. You may just be the next Kirstie Alley.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Bless you for this post, needed it today.