Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The living Word

Choir should be fun. I have always felt that singing in the church choir is not just about sharing your gift. It is a two way street. God blesses you as you sing and relate with other members. You also are involved in worship and in creating a moment where the congregation meets God. Good music will do that as well as any sermon ever preached.

Every once in a while our choir provides dramatic moments in worship as well. I like to get creative because I think it adds some drama to the worship experience. It makes people think.

One of my members sent mew this clip from Youtube of a choral moment that is quite moving. I don't know if we could ever pull it off here in Norwich, but I thought you might enjoy it.

Cal

PS FBC choir - Watch out! We are going to have some fun this Fall.