Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Forgive those who hurt you

I was humbled and embarrassed tonight. I was also reminded just how great Jesus is.

A few days ago I was advised of a situation where someone I knew took advantage of another person and stole a great deal of money from them. I have to confess that I lost all respect for this person who was undeniably guilty of deeply hurting and breaking the trust of my friend. Unfortunately it is my job to love and care for people and I was trying to find a way in my heart to forgive him. It was hard.

Then tonight I received an email from my friend and she said told me that she wanted me to pray for the person who stole from her. I almost cried. You see that is what Jesus told us to do. He said we were to pray for our enemies. We were to pray for those who persecute us. We were to pray for those who don't know any better. You see we are the ones who have the good news. Our treasure is in heaven and no one can rob us of that and the peace of God which comes with it.

I thank God that he used my friend to remind me of this so that my heart doesn't become cynical and bitter.

I also came across this video tonight which punctuates the object lesson I received tonight and I pass it all on to you.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Amen to this my friend.