Friday, August 15, 2008

His love cleans us up

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." I'm preaching on this text from Romans 12 this week and I was thinking about it this morning as I was cleaning up some dog doo. I hate to clean up after animals. At home our cat is having issues with the litter box. What are you going to do? My friend's dog is crippled up and he can't help himself. I volunteered to take care of him this week.

As I was scooping and plucking a thought hit me. God looks down on us and sees the mess we make with our lives. Yet he lovingly comes down and cleans it up. His love is so precious. He looks past our failure and understands that we can't help ourselves sometimes. He hates that which soils us and makes us unclean. Yet his love is so genuine and true, that it allows him to go to extreme measures to clean us up.

That was a good thought for me to hold onto this morning. In the midst of doing the dirty work for my friend's dog, I received a call from someone who had made a mess out of his own situation and wanted me to clean it up. We all do that don't we? When our life falls apart, we go to God and ask for his help.

The good news is that God loves us and willingly steps up to the task. He saves us from ourselves and puts us back on track. Praise God for his love that covers all our sin.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Praise God for cleaning me up.