Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Special Reunion

Last night at Luis Pabon's Anniversary Celebration I captured this photo of a Taffeta Reunion. The girls were back again with their zany cousin and I was there to get it in print.

It is funny how one person can bring so many others together. As I saw the girls and John chatting and catching up on old times, I thought we all owed it to Luis for bringing us together. The Taffetas were characters in a story, but the relationships that developed in that and other shows Luis produced were far reaching.

Luis has the knack of bringing people together. Whether it as parents of students in the studio or through the Miss Connecticut program, or through community theater, he is the one who helps make the connections. I have been blessed by knowing John, Diana, Joanne, Maureen and Patty. Over the years I have met many fine people through my association with Luis.

I got to thinking about this and it hit me that Jesus does it on an even broader scale. He calls people together to build the kingdom. At church we are talking about going on a mission trip to Mexico. Last year I was moved by the experience and my life was changed forever. I went to visit people half way across the world. Our only connection was Jesus. But what a connection! I can't wait for the reunion. It will rival the Taffeta reunion, only it will be real.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Jesus, and all my sweet brothers and sisters, what a precious reunion that will be .