Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Don't procrastinate

I paid my dues for the Rotary Club today. The treasurer told me I was the first one to do so this year. As a matter of fact, she told me, the bills haven't even gone out yet. That is funny because I am usually one of the last ones to pay. There are a number of reasons for it but it has been the norm since I joined in 1991. This year I wanted to pay on time and make a statement.

The truth is that no one will know what happened (unless they read this blog) but that doesn't matter. I didn't do it to get noticed. I did it because the scriptures tell us to be diligent in such things. We should pay our debts and stop procrastinating. Too often we let things slide or fail to accomplish our goals and make excuses.

As we begin a new year I want to turn that around. I want to stop making excuses for my failings and begin to take responsibility for them. I want to be more proactive. I want to set an example for others and show them what faithfulness is. In doing so I want to reflect the graciousness of God that is in my life.

So today it was the dues. Tomorrow it is going to be returning phone calls and emails promptly.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sounds like a great plan my friend.