Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Do it for the Lord

The last few days I have been working in the offices at church. I really mean working! I turned everything upside down and have been going through old files, moving furniture around and trying to clean up the piles of papers that have threatened to bury me.

If you know me, you will understand that this is not my forte. It is hard work. I have to focus on the task to get it done. It isn't fun or glamorous. It is dirty work. But as I progress I can tell you that there is also a satisfaction in seeing the job through. Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy.

In the movie I mentioned the other day, The Ultimate Gift, James Garner points out that work is a gift from God to be enjoyed. It sounds silly but we all know it is true. Some of the greatest satisfaction we have enjoyed in life came after a hard day's work or after a challenging test.

So as we enter a new year let's heed the word's of the Apostle Paul in his letter to the Colossians where he says, "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Col 3:17) May we be blessed in doing so,

Cal


3 comments:

Vicki said...

Happy New Year to you, filled with the peace and joy of the Lord.

Blessings,
Vicki

Denise said...

May you be blessed this year, and not stressed.

Jenni said...

As a mom whose days consist of laundry, dishes, diapers and schooling, and did I mention laundry, it's nice to be reminded that I am doing it in His name for His glory.