Monday, January 21, 2008

Magic happens

It was like magic. I was leaving the emergency room of the hospital on Saturday and I waved my hand over a sensor in the wall and the doors opened. It was something right out of Star Trek. The second time I approached the door I was with two ladies and I made a big production of it like I had some magical powers. Now I know how David Blaine feels when he gets the ooohs and ahhhs.

This is not new technology. Every time you go in and out of most grocery stores the doors open and close automatically. They have been doing this at least as far back as the 1970's because I saw it all the time when I worked at Ben & Leo's market as a teenager. A sensor in the mechanism sparked the door to open as you approached it.

If you want to go back even further, I remember hearing stories from the middle ages of secret passages that opened to the magic words of "Open Sesame!" Wouldn't it be nice if you really could wave your hand and make something special happen? Life just doesn't work that way. I think that is a good thing because it forces us to focus and work on the important things in life. When we finally do get something, we can appreciate it even more.

So what are you hoping for? Start making plans for it to happen and be blessed when through the magic of planning and hard work it falls into your lap.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for always making me dig deeper.