Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Heavenly fixer

I heard the water running upstairs and didn't think much of it. I figured my daughter was running the shower. A few minutes later my wife came in and she went upstairs without saying a word. When she came back down she asked, "Aren't you going to do anything about the shower?" I had no idea what she was talking about.

When I asked about it she said, "Didn't you hear the water running?" and I responded yes and told her I figured Rachel was in the shower. to make a long story short, Rachel had broken the handle on the shower and called her mother. I had just walked in and knew nothing about it. Of course calling Lori or me to fix a broken handle on a shower is not going to solve the problem. After looking at each other and running around in circles trying to figure out what to do, we finally decided to call my friend Ray.

Ray is one of our friends who can fix just about anything. If he can't fix it, he knows someone who can. Thankfully Ray was able to stop in and within minutes he had the water turned off and a temporary fix to the problem.

It is funny but the same kind of situation often comes up in our lives where we develop a problem and we have no idea how to fix it. We run around looking for help from each other. Sometimes we get lucky but most of the time we come to a dead end. The good news is that we have a fixer in God. He can come in and help us solve our problems and get us up and heading in the right direction again. But you have to call on him. When you invite him into your life, he can brighten even the darkest day. so what are you waiting for? Give God a call.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I am so blessed to never get a busy signal when I call on God.