Friday, March 28, 2008

You are the star

Lori and I went to the movies to see 10,000 BC. It was a good movie. The funny thing is that I wasn't sure if I would like it. You see the movie didn't have any big name stars in it. I know it sounds shallow to say this but I usually choose a movie because of the big names in it. I have a few stars that I got to see no matter what they are in. For example I like Bruce Willis. I also like Denzel Washington. Unless the movie is a big hit, or part of a trilogy or something of a franchise, it is the star power that gets me.

This movie was very good and I hadn't heard of any of the actors. It made me think about the fact that this is the same way God works in the world. He uses the Rick Warrens and Joel Osteens, the T D Jakes and Billy Grahams, the Mother Theresas and Martin Luther Kings to do his bidding. But more often than not, he uses unknowns like you and me. We are the ones that are in the middle of the action. We are the ones who everyone sees. The work we do may not draw rave reviews from Christianity Today magazine but it is powerful and important.

So don't think that just because you aren't a celebrity no one will be moved by your witness. It may be just the opposite. There will be more eyes on you because God is directing your life and putting you in the scenes where you can bring him to life.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thank you for this, really enjoyed it.