Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring has sprung

A month ago I signed up to receive daily inspirational posts from the radio personality Delilah. She plays romantic songs and tells love stories on the radio and I have always enjoyed her show when I get a chance to listen in. Being professional story teller myself, I also thought I might find some stuff I can use in preaching and blogging.

This poem was in my inbox yesterday. It was a beautiful day and it felt like Spring was here. So I want to pass it on. It might come in handy today because snow is predicted for us here in southern New England. It's entitled, "Spring." Enjoy.

Cal

Spring
Karla Kuskin

I'm shouting
I'm singing
I'm swinging through trees
I'm winging sky-high
With the buzzing black bees
I'm the sun
I'm the moon
I'm the dew on the rose.
I'm a rabbit
Whose habit
Is twitching his nose
I'm lively
I'm lovely
I'm kicking my heels.
I'm crying "Come dance"
To the freshwater eels
I'm racing through meadows
Without any coat
I'm a gamboling lamb
I'm a light leaping goat
I'm a bud
I'm a bloom
I'm a dove on the wing
I'm running on rooftops
And welcoming spring

1 comment:

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, makes me feel like dancing, lol