Friday, March 28, 2008

Turn up the heat

I came home this afternoon and noticed that the furnace wasn't running and there was no heat in the house. I went downstairs and checked the oil tank and saw we had plenty in there. Then I pushed the restart button and nothing happened. I figured that it must be warm enough and that I had just gotten a chill.

Tonight when we got back from the movies I checked again and something definitely was wrong. I went down to check out the furnace and after a little bit of investigation, I discovered that the water level was low. So I opened the valve and in a few minutes the furnace fired right up. Now we have heat.

It made think about the fact that every once in a while we get in a funk. Nothing seems to go right and we begin to wonder if God is paying attention to us. We wonder where God went. Usually upon further examination we discover that we have let our worship and devotional life go. Our "Holy Spirit level" is low because we haven't taped into God's power by hooking up with Him. If you want to turn the heat on, then make sure you are spending a little time with Jesus.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I agree my friend, bless you.