Thursday, September 4, 2008

A ride that turned into a blessing

I called my friend Cliff to say hello and he asked me to take a ride with him. We left church and within a few minutes he asked me to give him a hand with his boat. Can you believe it? Me, helping with a boat? What do I know about the nautical life? He told me all I needed to do was hold the boat while he filled it up with gas. I figured I could do that.

After we skipped out to the gas dock, Cliff asked if I wanted to go out on the Thames River for a little ride. Hey, it's been years since I was on a boat and who was I to turn down a golden opportunity like that. I have to tell you it was fun.

When we got back from our little ride down the River, it struck me that every day with God was just like this one. We never know what to expect. He invites us to go along with him. Sometimes he challenges us to do things we never did before. Sometimes he asks us to help in simple ways. And sometimes he takes us for the ride of our lives.

So next time God invites you to step out with him, just go. You will be blessed.

Cal

1 comment: