Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Its a small world after all

Every morning here in Australia I have been awakened by the sound of several different type of birds singing. Sarah and her roommates laugh about it. The kookaburra is one of them and there must be at least six or seven different birds in the choir.

I grew up with the image of the rooster crowing at dawn. Then again I grew up on a farm in New England. I guess I thought that roosters were the only early birds. Here in Sydney I learned how wrong I was. Funny thing is that these birds all settle down as morning gives way to the day.

I actually like their songs. They remind me that we are part of something bigger than just me. We are part of an ecosystem that God created. Amazing. That's all I can say. This is a big world and even though it is getting smaller every day with technology, you really have to marvel at the scope of God's creative hand across the face of the earth. Never mind the heavens and galaxies and universes, we have enough to marvel at right here in our every day life.

Imagine that! A kookaburra woke me up today. God is so good.

Cal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
merry,merry king of the bust is he
laugh kookaburra,laugh kookaburra
gay your life must be