Sunday, April 6, 2008

A legacy in the making

Charlton Heston died today. I think most people remember him as one of the great actors of his generation. He certainly played some great roles including his most famous, Moses. A couple of times today I saw him eulogized and remembered for things he said and did.

It got me thinking about my life. I wonder what people will say about me when God calls me home. What about you? What will they say about you and the role you played in their lives? I know we don't like to think about it but it is what we do today that determines our legacy. God calls each of us to follow him. We have an opportunity to reach out with his love to a hurting world. I pray that you and I might be remember for our faithfulness to God when the bell rings for us.

Enjoy this clip I found on the internet with a classic scene from the Ten Commandments.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

You will be remembered as a man who truly loved his Saviour.