Monday, January 25, 2010

We need to trust God

I had just made the turn up Harland Road when a white car came racing around the corner right at me. Without a moments hesitation I pulled over to the right side of the road and blasted my horn. Suddenly the car veered away from me.

The whole thing only took a split second and it was over. No harm. No foul. Yet I had a sense that I had just dodged a bullet. As I continued up the hill the thought struck me that no matter how much you think you are in control of your life, you are not. Everything can change in a minute. One false move, one drunk driver, one bad decision and the nice little world you live in can take a dramatic turn.

I'll never forget the day one of our young women came to see me prior to a Wednesday night service. She was in her second year of college. She came into my office. She sat down and proceeded to tell me that she was pregnant. Her life was changed forever.

We can control some things with the choices we make. For the rest we have to trust in God. We can't live in fear. We need to grab hold of each day and live to the glory of God.

Cal

No comments: