Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He calms the storms

Psalm 27 declares, "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?" These words come as a reminder that we are not alone. Sometimes we get scared because the circumstances of our life threaten to overwhelm us. We lose sight of the fact that God is with us.

I know many good Christians who feel that life is out of control. Problems at home and at work leave them feeling discouraged. The Psalmist reminds us that we have someone who has got our back. God cares about us and He will not leave us to hang on our own.

Jesus once said that "if God is for us, who can be against us?" We have the king of kings on our side. He is the one who can calm the storms. He is the one who can still the sea. He can certainly handle anything that we are facing.

So trust in the Lord. If you are struggling with something right now, ask God to help you. He will give you what you need to overcome whatever is trying to knock you down.

Peace. Cal

No comments: